Thursday 2 August 2012

Welcome...




Well this is my first ever blog so don’t expect very much from me! So, let’s get into it.  My name’s Matt Oliphant, I am 21yrs old, born and raised in Brisbane but I am currently living on the Gold Coast with my girlfriend and another roommate.  I work at Wet ‘n’ Wild Water World and have been there for almost 2 years now.  It is a pretty cruisey job, I can’t complain about being outdoors and around some pretty cool water slides as an occupation.  I live and breathe sport, could sit down and watch pretty much any kind of sport but even better is playing them.  Rugby League and touch footy are my two main sports I play but love to get involved in all sports in general.  I am currently in my first semester of a Bachelor of Communications majoring In Journalism and Marketing.  With my big interest in sport I want to work myself into the field of sports journalism.  My ultimate goals would be to either write for a major newspaper as their sports journalist or more specifically write for the NRL (National Rugby League).   I have also thought about the possibly of T.V broadcasting for example on Fox Sports News in Sydney but will just have to wait and see where my career takes me! Well that’s me in a nutshell, and I look forward to discussing some of the aspects of New Communications Technology in future blogs.

Cheers,

Matty O.

No comments:

Post a Comment